We're hiring: Research Fellow in Sustainable Food Systems
17 March 2021
The UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources has an exciting opportunity for an Research Fellow in Sustainable Food Systems working on the SHEFS project.
UCL Department/Divison: UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources
Location of position: London
Hours: Full Time
Salary (inclusive of London allowance): £36,028 - £43,533 per annum
Closing date: 6 April, 23:59 (BST)
Interview date: TBC
Duties and Responsibilities
Set within UCL’s Bartlett School of Environment, Energy and Resources (BSEER), the Institute for Sustainable Resources delivers world-leading research, teaching and enterprise in the sustainable use of global resources.
The main role will be to undertake research using sustainability indicators and environmental models to understand the impacts of food systems on the environment, specifically on water resources’ scarcity and quality.
The role holder will contribute to the project Sustainable and Healthy Food Systems (SHEFS), which is funded by the Wellcome Trust, and aims to explore the interactions between environment, food systems and health.
This post is funded until 31 March 2022 in the first instance.
Essential qualifications include a Ph.D. or equivalent research experience in a relevant field (e.g. environmental engineering, hydrology, climate/earth science, agronomy), excellent written and verbal communication skills, and quantitative skills such as statistical analysis and/or programming.
Please note: appointment at Grade 7 is dependent upon having been awarded a PhD; if this is not the case, initial appointment will be at research assistant Grade 6B (salary £31,542 - £33,257 per annum) with payment at Grade 7 being backdated to the date of final submission of the PhD thesis.
- If you have any queries regarding the vacancy or the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have specific questions about the role please contact Carole Dalin.
- We will consider applications to work on a part-time, flexible and job share basis wherever possible.
- Our department holds an Athena SWAN Silver award, in recognition of our commitment and demonstrable impact in advancing gender equality.
- This appointment is subject to UCL Terms and Conditions of Service for Research and Support Staff.
- You can find the full job description here.