INNOPATHS launches a new project website
3 April 2017
INNOPATHS (Innovation Pathways, Strategies and Policies for the Low-Carbon Transition in Europe) launches a new project website
INNOPATHS (Innovation Pathways, Strategies and Policies for the Low-Carbon Transition in Europe) is an EU funded research project that aims to resolve this uncertainty by working with key economic and societal actors to generate new, state-of-the-art low-carbon pathways for the European Union.
INNOPATHS will deliver a proposal for a low-carbon strategy for the EU that can be effectively implemented, accepted and well-managed by a variety of stakeholders.
The project objectives are:
- Understanding the challenges of decarbonisation and the innovation needed to address them
- Presenting a detailed assessment of low-carbon technologies, their uncertainties, future prospects and system characteristics
- Proposing policy and innovation system reforms that will help the EU and Member States meet their greenhouse gas emission reduction targets
- Creating new, co-designed deep decarbonisation pathways with novel representation of policy and innovation process for low-carbon technology development
- Making clear the social, economic and environmental dimensions of the low-carbon transition and how they can be managed