Florian Flachenecker is a Junior Economist (YP) at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), working on economic-environmental accounting to analyse and monitor the Sustainable Development Goals, the Paris Climate Agreement and the OECD Green Growth indicators. He also is an Honorary Lecturer at University College London (UCL). Previously, he was a Doctoral Researcher at the UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources, empirically investigating the effects of resource efficiency on competitiveness and climate change mitigation. Florian was a Visiting Fellow at the European Political Strategy Centre (EPSC) of the European Commission, authoring a competitiveness strategy for the EU. Moreover, he worked as a Consultant at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) on firm-level resource efficiency investment projects, and he worked on EU policy issues at the German Federal Ministry of Finance. Florian holds a PhD in Economics from UCL, a MA in Economics from the College of Europe, and a BSc in Economics from the University of Mannheim as well as the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey.
- Flachenecker, Florian and Rentschler, Jun Erik (contributing editors) (2018). Investing in Resource Efficiency: The Economics and Politics of Financing the Resource Transition. Featuring a preface by Ángel Gurría, Secretary General OECD, and contributions by University College London, European Commission, European Investment Bank, and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. Springer International Publishing. ISBN 978-3-319-78867-8. Heidelberg, Germany.
- Bleischwitz, Raimund and Flachenecker, Florian (2017). Sustainable Resources: Managing Markets, Increasing Efficiency and Establishing Partnerships; in: von Hauff, Michael and Kuhnke, Claudia (eds). Sustainable Development Policy: A European Perspective. Routledge. Oxford, UK.
- Flachenecker, Florian and Söderberg, Magnus (under review). Re-Examining the Relationship between Economic Development and Environmental Pressures.
- Flachenecker, Florian and Kornejew, Martin (2018). The Causal Impact of Material Productivity on Microeconomic Competitiveness and Environmental Performance in the European Union. Environmental Economics and Policy Studies [in print].
- Rentschler, Jun Erik; Flachenecker, Florian and Kornejew, Martin (2018). Assessing Carbon Emission Savings from Corporate Resource Efficiency Investments: an Estimation Indicator in Theory and Practice. Environment, Development and Sustainability [in print].
- Flachenecker, Florian (2018). The Causal Impact of Material Productivity on Macroeconomic Competitiveness in the European Union. Environmental Economics and Policy Studies 20:1. 17-46.
- Rentschler, Jun Erik; Bleischwitz, Raimund and Flachenecker, Florian (2018). On Imperfect Competition and Market Distortions: The causes of Corporate Under-Investment in Energy and Resource Efficiency. International Economics and Economic Policy 15:1. 159-183.
- Agnolucci, Paolo; Flachenecker, Florian and Söderberg, Magnus (2017). The Causal Impact of Economic Growth on Material Use in Europe. Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy 6:4. 415-432.
- Flachenecker, Florian; Bleischwitz, Raimund and Rentschler, Jun Erik (2017). Investments in Material Efficiency: the Introduction and Application of a Comprehensive Cost-Benefit Framework. Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy 6:2. 107-120.
- Flachenecker, Florian; Guidetti, Emmanuelle and Pionnier, Pierre-Alain (2018). Towards global SEEA Air Emission Accounts: Description and evaluation of the OECD methodology to estimate SEEA Air Emission Accounts for CO2, CH4 and N2O in Annex-I countries to the UNFCCC. OECD Statistics Working Papers. OECD Publishing, Paris, France.
- Flachenecker, Florian and Rentschler, Jun Erik (2015). Investments in Resource Efficiency – Costs and Benefits, Investment Barriers and Intervention Measures. A Report prepared for the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). London: University College London, UK. [policy briefing]
- Flachenecker, Florian (2015). Sustainability, Resource Efficiency and Competitiveness – an Assessment of Resource Efficiency Policies in the European Union. Bruges European Economic Research Paper. College of Europe. Bruges, Belgium.
- Flachenecker, Florian (2012). The Ability to Achieve Political Reforms in the Eurozone. Deutsche Bank Research Briefing European Integration. Deutsche Bank AG. Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Böttcher, Barbara and Flachenecker, Florian (2012). Government Efficiency and the Public Debt Ratio. Deutsche Bank Articles on Economic Policy. Deutsche Bank AG. Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Flachenecker, Florian (2016) Crossing the Divide – Long Held Up Leader in Resource Efficiency, the European Union is a Work in Progress. Commentary in Corporate Waste Solutions, Issue 2. Melbourne, Australia.