Bartlett Walks 2018–19: call for proposals from PhD students
28 June 2018
The Bartlett is seeking proposals from current PhD students to lead London-based interdisciplinary group walks throughout the 18–19 academic year.
If you'd like to propose a walk, we'd love to hear from you. Walks can be site-focussed, or explore a thematic approach through the lens of a particular area.
Bartlett Walks aim to:
- Create a space for postgraduate students from across the faculty to interact
- Encourage exploration of London from different disciplinary perspectives
- Share knowledge and appreciation of different aspects and areas of London
- Provide PhD students with experience of engagement and outreach
Your proposal should be no more than 2 sides of A4, and should include:
- Tentative route map
- Brief discussion of themes and sites to be discussed
- Why you feel this would be of interest to Bartlett postgraduate students
- Your full name, Bartlett section (e.g. DPU) and estimated completion year
Walks should last approximately 1.5 hours, and will be open to up to 20 postgraduate students from The Bartlett.
Walk leaders will be paid for 4 hours' work at £12.92 p/h, in line with UCL payscales. You may apply to lead more than one walk.
To submit a proposal, please send a statement covering the above criteria to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 31 August.
- Proposals close: 31 August 2018
- Proposals reviewed: 3–7 September
- Successful proposals announced: 12 September
- Walks schedule finalised: 19 September 14
Students on Tier 4 visas are welcome to apply – however, you must ensure that you work no more than 20 hours in any 7 day period. You will be required to fill in a time sheet to calculate your total hours worked in this and any other employment.