Bartlett Walks – Call for Proposals from PhD Students
14 June 2017
The Bartlett is seeking proposals from current PhD students to lead London-based interdisciplinary group walks throughout the 17-18 academic year.
We invite you to step forward with ideas: walks can be site-focussed, or explore a thematic approach through the lens of a particular area.
Bartlett Walks aim to:
- Create a space for postgraduate students from across the faculty to interact;
- Foster connections between postgraduate taught and research students;
- Encourage exploration of London from different disciplinary perspectives;
- Share knowledge and appreciation of different aspects and areas of London;
- Provide PhD students with experience of engagement and outreach.
Your proposal should be no more than 2 sides of A4, and should include:
- Tentative route map
- Brief discussion of themes and sites to be discussed
- Why you feel this would be of interest to Bartlett postgraduate students
- Your full name, Bartlett section (eg. DPU) and estimated completion year.
Walks should be roughly 1.5 hours in duration, and will be open to up to 20 postgraduate students from the Bartlett.
Walk leaders will be paid for 3 hours work at £16.96 p/h, in line with UCL payscales. You may apply to lead more than one walk.
To submit a proposal, please send a statement covering the above criteria to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday September 1st.
- Proposals close: September 1st
- Proposals reviewed: September 1st – September 8th
- Successful proposals announced: September 12th
- Walks schedule finalised: September 14th
Students on Tier 4 visas are welcome to apply, however you must ensure that you work no more than 20 hours in any 7 day period. You will be required to fill in a time sheet to calculate your total hours worked in this and any other employment.