We're hiring: Research Fellow/ Senior Research Fellow in Indoor Environment Modelling
12 January 2021
UCL IEDE are looking for a Research Fellow/ Senior Research Fellow in Indoor Environment Modelling.
- UCL Department / Division: The Bartlett School of Environment, Energy and Resources
- Specific unit / Sub department: Institute for Environmental Design and Engineering
- Location of position: London
- Grades: 7-8
- Hours: Full Time
- Salary (inclusive of London allowance): £36,028 - £48,572 per annum
- Reference: 1874022
- Closing Date: 11 Feb 2021
- Latest time for the submission of applications: 23:59
- Interview date: TBC
Duties and Responsibilities
The UCL Institute for Environmental Design and Engineering pursues a deeper understanding of the interactions between the built environment and health, human wellbeing, productivity, energy use and climate change, and is part of The Bartlett, UCL's global faculty of the built environment.
The role of the successful applicant will be to help develop a building stock model able to quantify the exposure of UK schoolchildren to indoor air pollutants and high indoor temperatures in energy efficient school buildings. This will be achieved using dynamic building performance modelling of UK school archetypes under a wide range of low carbon building design and operational strategies in the current and future climate.
This post is available from 1 February 2021 and is funded until 14 January 2022 in the first instance, further funding to support the post may be available. We will consider applications to work on a part-time, flexible and job share basis wherever possible.
The candidate should have extensive experience in computational modelling, and in particular, experience in the dynamic building performance simulation software EnergyPlus (or have expertise of running a similar building performance simulation software and the ability to adapt to using EnergyPlus). They should have the ability to handle and analyse large datasets, using suitable software such as R, Python, Matlab or similar. Further experience in building stock energy or indoor environment modelling would be desirable.
- A job description and person specification can be accessed using this link.
- To apply for this vacancy click on the ‘Apply Now’ button near the top of the page.
- If you have any queries regarding the vacancy or the application process, please contact: email@example.com
- If you have specific questions about the role please contact Dr Anna Mavrogianni (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- UCL Taking Action for Equality
- We will consider applications to work on a part-time, flexible and job share basis wherever possible.
- Our department holds an Athena SWAN Silver award, in recognition of our commitment and demonstrable impact in advancing gender equality.
- This appointment is subject to UCL Terms and Conditions of Service for Research and Support Staff.
- Please use these links to find out more about UCL working life including the benefits we offer and UCL Terms and Conditions related to this job.
Photo by MChe Lee on Unsplash