This cluster provides a forum for discussion and developing collaborative research ideas on long-term approaches to the governance of development transitions.
We analyse the ethical implications of the competing frameworks, and promote progressive interactions between state, society and market actors and institutions.
We're currently working on a range of topics including:
- policy for livelihoods: urban and rural
- intersections between formal and informal economies, understandings and policy responses
- the state in the formation of global cities (state-led world city formation)
- the state in the transition to low-carbon economies
- private sector approaches to community concerns
- state reconstruction in post-conflict situations
- agriculture development led industrialisation: viable as a development strategy?