CASA Arup City Modelling Lab - Research themes
What are the priority research areas / themes?
- Inequalities in income, housing, transport, built environment, health and wellbeing
- Electrification of vehicles (e.g., integration of ABMs with bottom-up energy models)
- Micromobility (e.g. electrification, the last-mile, equity and health)
Additional discussions to support the above themes
- Road pricing (incl. links to vehicle emissions, fairness and equity, high subsidies for drivers).
- Disincentives for driving and improving public transport - how to do it fairly and equitably
- Affordable housing and gentrification
- (Healthy) high streets (e.g., charges for cars in city centre & its effects physical/online shops)
- Future of flexible working and its effects on transport and housing
- Data gaps to conduct research in areas of housing, retail, individual mobilities