Current research interests
- Structure, function, biosynthesis, assembly and regulation of Cell wall-peptidoglycan in Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Characterisation of endogenous roles of Arylamine N-acetryltransferase (NAT) clusters in novel biochemical pathways in Mycobacterium spp.
- Chemical biological evaluation of inhibitors at different physiological states of mycobacteria (in vitro/ ex vivo):
- anti-mycobacterial activity
- assay for cyto-toxicity
- mode(s) of endogenous function
- Mechanisms of uptake and residency status of Mycobacterium spp. in host cells.