Research in Statistical Science is based on a blend of project-based research groups, multidisciplinary collaborations and individual research programmes.
Research Themes and Groups
- Computational Statistics
- Financial Risk, Insurance, Econometrics and Stochastic Finance
- General Theory and Methodology
- Multivariate and High Dimensional Data
- Stochastic Modelling and Time Series
- Stochastic Process Group
Current and Recent Externally Funded Projects
- Hydrological extremes and feedbacks in the changing water cycle (joint with Imperial College, Reading University and British Geological Survey) sponsored by NERC
- Distributed Generation Capacity Choice under Competition, Uncertainty, and Operational Flexibility sponsored by The British Academy and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science.
- Empirical Analysis of the Forward Market Implications of Price-Elastic Demand sponsored by The British Academy.
- Energy Efficiency and Risk Management in Public Buildings (EnRiMa) sponsored by EU FP7.
- Financial Engineering Analysis of Spot and Derivatives Electricity Markets (ELDEV) sponsored by the Mid-Norway Business Research Fund, Statkraft, and Trønderenergi.
- Geometrical Methods for Statistical Inference and Decision sponsored by EPSRC.
- Modelling Complex-Valued Diffusion Tensor Imaging Data and Efficient Methods for Inference sponsored by EPSRC.
- Real Options Analysis of Investment in Renewable Energy Technologies sponsored by British Council.
- Simplicity, Complexity and Modelling (SCAM) sponsored by EPSRC.
- Spatial-Temporal Rainfall Modelling with Climate Change Scenarios sponsored by DEFRA.
- World of Uncertainty sponsored by EPSRC.
Page last modified on 23 jun 14 10:59