Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships
Applications to Research Council Fellowships
We welcome applications for fellowships sponsored by research councils and other funding bodies to be supported by the Department of Statistical Science at UCL.
If you are interested in applying, please feel free to contact a member of staff working in your subject area for discussions.
To apply, please send an e-mail to Prof. Sofia Olhede, Director of Research (s.olhede "at" ucl.ac.uk). Your e-mail must contain the following documents as PDF file attachments:
- CV (max 3 pages, include names and e-mail addresses of three potential referees)
- publication list (max 1 page)
- past research and research proposal (max 2 pages)
- Note that it is your responsibility to check your eligibility to apply with the relevant funding body.
- Please try to give us at least 4 weeks notice (6 weeks in the case of MRC fellowships) before the scheme deadline so that if the Department decides to support the application we can work together to make the strongest possible case.
Please indicate the Fellowship scheme for which you want to be supported. You will be contacted after the internal departmental selection process to inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, we will support your Fellowship Application to the relevant funding body.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships
The Medical Research Council (MRC) offers doctoral/postdoctoral and career development fellowships that can be taken at the Department of Statistical Science. This could be in the field of Biostatistics or Health Services Research:
- Career development award.
- Methodology research fellowship.
- MRC Career development award in biostatistics.
Further information can be found on: http://www.mrc.ac.uk/Fundingopportunities/Fellowships/index.htm
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) offers postdoctoral fellowships that can be taken at the Department of Statistical Science:
- EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellowships
Up to five years of funding for talented researchers who have 3-10 years of postdoctoral experience and must not hold a permanent academic post. Candidates should discuss application with the Department from June.
Further information can be found on http://www.epsrc.ac.uk/funding/fellows/Pages/default.aspx
The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) offers postdoctoral fellowships that can be taken at the Department of Statistical Science. Candidates should discuss application with the Department from June.
- NERC Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (3 years)
- NERC Advanced Research Fellowships (5 years)
Further information can be found on http://www.nerc.ac.uk/funding/available/fellowships/
Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowships (IEF) Two year post-doc fellowship projects that are bottom-up (open to all disciplines) to support trans-national mobility, i.e. someone in another European country coming to UCL for two years or vice versa. http://ec.europa.eu/research/fp7/understanding/marie-curieinbrief/research-development_en.html
The Royal Society has various fellowship schemes, including the highly prestigious five year University Research Fellowships and the two year Newton International Fellowships, among others.
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships: Provide outstanding scientists, who have the potential to become leaders in their chosen field, with the opportunity to build an independent research career. Funding is available for up to 8 years.
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships
- Newton International Fellowships. See http://www.newtonfellowships.org/
The Leverhulme Trust also has several fellowship programmes, for further information, please visit http://www.leverhulme.ac.uk/grants_awards/
- Early Career Fellowships.
The Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851
The Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 offers major awards to scientists and engineers for research, development and design. Its aims are to support education for the benefit of productive industry and full details of all its awards are on http://www.royalcommission1851.org.uk/.
AXA Post-Doctoral Fellowships
Page last modified on 19 apr 13 09:45