Queen Square Library
- Using the Library
- Books, Journals & Multimedia
- Archive & Museum
- Publishing & Publications
Computers in the Library
The library offers access to:
The Library has eight computer spaces each offering access (for registered users only) to both:
- UCL/ION network - offering walk-in access to databases and electronic journals. Please ask at the desk for log-in details.
- UCLH network - log on using your usual UCLH log in details. The UCLH network is for UCLH staff only and offers account holders access to the internet, Trust email, the clinical workstation, Word, Excel, etc. Trust staff are reminded to log off after use.
UCL povides a Wifi network called Eduroam and an Eduroam point is available in the Queen Square Library as well as at other locations throughout the College. The eduroam network is available throughout the world to users from participating organisations.
- UCL staff and students should use their UCL userid and password to log on to eduroam. See help with connecting to eduroam.
- Non-UCL staff and students from other universities may connect to eduroam if their home institution participates in eduroam and if they have already set up access at their home institution before arriving at UCL. Laptops must already have been configured to use your home university's wireless network in order for you to use eduroam. See the eduroam website.
- NHS users - UCLH do not provide wifi access to the UCLH network. NHS users who are registered Library users are currently able to access eduroam using a UCL Guest account. Please note, if you are a member of NHS staff wishing to use the UCL wifi Guest access in the Queen Square Library, you must first visit the UCL Cruciform Library to have an account created (please note the Cruciform is temporarily housed in the Science Library due to a refurbishment - click here for directions).
- Guest users (visitors) - UCLGuest is provided for visitors to UCL. Access to the network has to be set up for named individuals or groups. More information is available.
Access to ejournals via eduroam
Please note: the UCL ISD department have informed us that non-UCL users of eduroam will not be able to access UCL restricted services (including ejournals). This includes NHS users, UCLGuest users and eduroam users from other universities. UCL users of eduroam will be able to access UCL restricted services.
Page last modified on 09 oct 13 14:32
Comments & Suggestions | Disclaimer | Copyright
Queen Square Library, incorporating the Queen Square Archive and Museum.
UCL Institute of Neurology & The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
1st Floor, 23 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK | Tel: 020 3448 4709 x84144 | firstname.lastname@example.org
find us on facebook | follow us on twitter