Queen Square Library
- Using the Library
- Books, Journals & Multimedia
- Archive & Rare Books
- Publishing & Publications
Computers in the Library
The library offers access to:
The Library has eight computer spaces each offering access (for registered users only) to both:
- UCL/ION network - offering walk-in access to databases and electronic journals. Please ask at the desk for log-in details.
- UCLH network - log on using your usual UCLH log in details. The UCLH network is for UCLH staff only and offers account holders access to the internet, Trust email, the clinical workstation, Word, Excel, etc. Trust staff are reminded to log off after use.
UCL povides a Wifi network called Eduroam and an Eduroam point is available in the Queen Square Library as well as at other locations throughout the College. The eduroam network is available throughout the world to users from participating organisations.
- UCL staff and students should use their UCL userid and password to log on to eduroam. See help with connecting to eduroam.
- Non-UCL staff and students from other universities may connect to eduroam if their home institution participates in eduroam and if they have already set up access at their home institution before arriving at UCL. Laptops must already have been configured to use your home university's wireless network in order for you to use eduroam. See the eduroam website.
NHS users that have registered with the library are entitled to UCL Guest access. This service gives them access to WiFi only (i.e. it does not provide access to UCL electronic journals and databases). NHS users can have their UCL Guest account created in the Library. With it, they will be able to have WiFi access on a maximum of two devices (i.e. laptop and smartphone) for a maximum of two weeks at a time.
UCLH is rolling out WiFi access to the UCLH network at NHNN and RLHIM. As of September 2014, the WiFi is for corporate use on Apple devices only, and locations include 33 Queen Square, Queen Mary Wing and Chandler Wing. Updates on this project will be sent to the National Cascade list.
- Guest users (visitors) - UCLGuest is provided for visitors to UCL. Access to the network has to be set up for named individuals or groups. More information is available.
Access to ejournals via eduroam
Please note: the UCL ISD department have informed us that non-UCL users of eduroam will not be able to access UCL restricted services (including ejournals). This includes NHS users, UCLGuest users and eduroam users from other universities. UCL users of eduroam will be able to access UCL restricted services.
Page last modified on 12 sep 14 10:03
Comments & Suggestions | Disclaimer | Copyright
Queen Square Library, incorporating the Queen Square Archive and Museum.
UCL Institute of Neurology & The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
1st Floor, 23 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK | Tel: 020 3448 4709 x84144 | email@example.com
find us on facebook | follow us on twitter