Queen Square Library
- Using the Library
- Books, Journals & Multimedia
- Archive & Rare Books
- Publishing & Publications
Computers in the Library
The Library has nine computer spaces each offering access (for registered users only) to two networks:
- UCL/ION network - offering walk-in access to databases and electronic journals. Please ask at the desk for log-in details.
- UCLH network - log on using your usual UCLH log in details. The UCLH network is for UCLH staff only and offers account holders access to the internet, Trust email, the clinical workstation, Word, Excel, etc. Trust staff are reminded to log off after use.
In addition, the library has one Explore Access Point (EAP) which offers public access to UCL Library Services' Explore service. There are some electronic resources you will not be able to access because of licensing restrictions unless you are a UCL member. More information about the EAP service is available.
UCL povides a Wifi network called Eduroam and an Eduroam point is available in the Queen Square Library as well as at other locations throughout the College. The eduroam network is available throughout the world to users from participating organisations.
- UCL staff and students - you may use your UCL userid and password to log on to eduroam. See help with connecting to eduroam.
- Staff and students from other universities - you may connect to eduroam if  your home institution participates in eduroam and  you have already set up access at your home institution before arriving at UCL. For further details visit the eduroam website.
- NHS staff
- NHS staff who are registered with the Queen Square Library we can set up access for you to the UCL Guest wifi (from a maximum of two devices and for a maximum of two weeks). Please ask at the library desk for details. NB: this service gives you access to the internet but does not provide access to UCL electronic journals and databases.
- UCLH staff can also access a UCLH-provided Staff Wifi. Please check insight for access details (this wifi is not currently available inside the Queen Square Library and library staff cannot set up the access for you).
- NHS patients and visitors - UCLH is currently rolling out a Guest Wifi for patients and their visitors. This is not available in the Queen Square Library but is available in the hospital building.
- UCL visitors - UCLGuest is provided for visitors to UCL but access cannot be set up by library staff - view more information about setting up access for UCL visitors.
Access to ejournals via eduroam
Please note: the UCL ISD department have informed us that non-UCL users of eduroam will not be able to access UCL restricted services (including ejournals). This includes NHS users, UCLGuest users and eduroam users from other universities. UCL users of eduroam will be able to access UCL restricted services.
Page last modified on 26 feb 15 12:14
Comments & Suggestions | Disclaimer | Copyright
Queen Square Library, incorporating the Queen Square Archive and Museum.
UCL Institute of Neurology & The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
1st Floor, 23 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK | Tel: 020 3448 4709 x84144 | email@example.com
find us on facebook | follow us on twitter