- UCL Laws PhD Student Awarded Modern Law Review Scholarship for Project on Human Trafficking
- UCL Graduate Law Society Submission to Home Affairs Committee Inquiry on FGM
- Watch Session Videos from the Workshop on Martha Nussbaum's Political Emotions
- Watch President Dean Spielmann's Lecture 'Wither the margin of appreciation?'
- Illegality, Human Rights and Employment
- Dr Virginia Mantouvalou gives evidence to the Joint Committee on the Draft Modern Slavery Bill
- President Dean Spielmann appointed Honorary Professor in the Faculty of Laws
- 'Interpreting Bills of Rights as a Living Instrument’ lecture delivered by Prof George Letsas at Supreme Court of Mexico
- Colm O'Cinneide comments on David Cameron’s pledge to repeal the Human Rights Act
Watch President Dean Spielmann's Lecture 'Wither the margin of appreciation?'
24 April 2014
On Thursday 20 March 2014 President Dean Spielmann of the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) delivered the lecture 'Whither the margin of appreciation' at the UCL Faculty of Laws, covering the history of the doctrine and addressing its future and implications in the case law in the ECtHR.
The lecture was introduced by the Dean of the Faculty, Professor Dame Hazel Genn, who took the opportunity to mark the appointment of President Spielmann as Honorary Professor in the Faculty.
President Spielmann's piece will be published in this year's Current Legal Problems journal which is co-edited by Dr Virginia Mantouvalou, Co-Director of the Institute for Human Rights. Dr Mantouvalou is also President Spielmann's academic host at UCL.
Page last modified on 23 apr 14 14:20