Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Sir William Meyer Prize
Instituted in 1965 from the income of the bequest in 1922 of £3,000 of Sir William Meyer, Fellow of the College, `for the encouragement of proficiency in European History and in the History and Geography of India'
- The Sir William Meyer Prize may be awarded in each session.
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of
the Faculty of
Social & Historical Sciences.
- The Prize is awarded to a student who has attended for not
less than five
terms a course of study in the College leading to an Honours degree in
- The value of the Prize is £35.
- No application is necessary. The qualifications of candidates
by the Head of the Department of History.
- Awards are subject to the provisi