Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Founded in 1878 under the will of Charles John Tuffnell
- A Scholarship, known as the Tuffnell Scholarship, may be
awarded in each
- The Scholarship is awarded by the Council
on the recommendation of the
Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences.
- The Scholarship is awarded for Chemistry.
- The annual value of the Tuffnell Scholarship may
fluctuate from year to year
but will be in the region of £500.
- A candidate must be a undergraduate of the University of
London and must not
have been registered for a degree course for more than three years prior
award. They must not have completed their twenty-fifth year of age on
the 1 July
in the session in which the award is made.
- Candidates must send written notice of their intention
to compete for the
Scholarship to the Registrar of the College on or before 15 May.
- The qualification of candidates are considered by
the Head of the Department
- Normally the Scholar elected must pursue a course of
study and research for
a higher degree at University College. They may be permitted, in exceptional
circumstances, to pursue a course elsewhere if the Faculty of Mathematical
Physical Sciences approves.
- The Scholarship is awarded in the first
instance for one session, but may be
renewed for a second session on the recommendation of the Faculty of
Mathematical and Physical Sciences.
- The payment of the Scholarship is made in three
equal instalments on 15
November, 15 February, and 15 May. Alternatively, if the student has so
requested, it may be applied to the payment of fees.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 16:01 by Registry Web