Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
E.D. Hughes Bursary Fund
Founded in 1984 by subscribers to the E.D. Hughes to commemorate the life and work of Professor E.D. Hughes F.R.S.,whose association with the Department of Chemistry dates from 1930, culminating in 1961 by becoming its Head, until his death two years later
- Grants may be made from time to time from the E.D. Hughes Bursary
- Grants are awarded by the Professors of Chemistry on
behalf of the Council.
- The value of a grant is as decided by the Professors of
- Candidates for the grants must be postgraduate students
in the Department of Chemistry and may be in any year of their course of
- Candidates must be in need of financial assistance either
maintenance and/or fees to enable them to continue their studies at the
and must be, or likely to become, promising and deserving students of
- Preference will be given to candidates from overseas.
- The grants may be paid forthwith, or be applied to the payment
of fees, at
the discretion of the Professors of Chemistry.
- In all other respects the regulations as to Bursary and Loan Funds apply.