Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Ellen Watson Memorial Scholarship in Applied Mathematics
Founded in 1882 by the subscribers to a fund raised in memory of Ellen Watson, a former student of the College
- A Scholarship, known as the Ellen Watson Memorial Scholarship
Mathematics may be awarded in each session.
- The Scholarship is awarded by the Council
on the recommendation of the
Faculty of Mathematical & Physical Sciences.
- The Scholarship is awarded for Applied Mathematics.
- The value of the Ellen Watson Memorial Scholarship is £250.
- Candidates must have graduated, or be candidates for graduation
in the term
in which the award is made. They must not have completed their
year before 1 July in the year of the award.
- Candidates must send written notice of their intention
to compete for the
Scholarship to the Registrar of the College on or before 15 May.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered
by the Head of the
Department of Mathematics.
- The award is announced in July.
- Payment is made on or about 15 July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 15 feb 12 09:54