Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Carey Foster Research Prize
Founded in 1906 by friends of Dr G Carey Foster, Fellow of the College, 1867, Professor of Physics, 1865-90 and Principal, 1900-04, in commemoration of his services to the College and to education in general
- The Carey Foster Research Prize may be awarded in
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the Faculty of
Mathematical and Physical Sciences.
- The Prize is awarded for research in Physics.
- The value of the prize is £100.
- A candidate must be a student of the College who
has engaged in research in
the Department of Physics and Astronomy during the
session preceding the award
of the Prize.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are
considered by the Quain Professor of
- The award is announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.