Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Provided since 1985 out of the income from a bequest of Richard Quain, F.R.S., Professor of Anatomy, 1832-50 and of Clinical Surgery, 1850-66, who desired the name of his brother, Sir John Richard Quain, to be associated with his own in regard to the bequest
- The Burhop Prize may be awarded in each session.
- The Prize is awarded by the Council
on the recommendation of the Faculty of
Mathematical and Physical Sciences.
- The Prize is awarded to the best third year student taking a
course in Physics, Applied Physics or Mathematics/Physics in the year
the award is made.
- The value of the Prize is £100.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered
by the Quain Professor of
- The award is announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.