Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Brian Duff Memorial Prize
Founded in 1985 out of the income of a Memorial Fund provided by the family and friends of Dr Brian G. Duff, member of staff, Department of Physics and Astronomy 1962 to 1984
- One or more Brian Duff Memorial Prizes may be awarded in each
- The Prizes are awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the Faculty
of Mathematical and Physical Sciences.
- The Prizes are awarded to students submitting the best project
or other item
of work during the third undergraduate year, subject to their being
standard, in the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
- The value of each Prize is £75.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered
by the Head of the
Department of Physics and Astronomy.
- The awards are announced in July.
- Any surplus funds accumulating may be used to provide
postgraduate students who are University College London graduates and
out postgraduate studies in the Department of Physics and
Astronomy. Any such
award should be in amounts not less than necessary for one term's
current Research Council Studentship rates.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 15 feb 12 09:59