Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
A W Beard, Bernard Hart and Bunzl Prizes
The A W Beard prize was founded at The University College and Middlesex School of Medicine in 1991 by Dr R D Fine in memory of Dr A W Beard.
The Bernard Hart Prize was founded in 1969 under the will of Dr Bernard Hart, Physician in Psychological Medicine to University College Hospital, 1913-47.
The Bunzl Prize was founded at the Royal Free School of Medicine in 1980 by a donation from Mr G.G. Bunzl.
Awarded jointly from 2003 following the merger of the University College and Middlesex School of Medicine with the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine.
- Three prize may be awarded in each session.
- The prizes are awarded by the Council on the recommendation of examiners appointed by the MBBS Board of Examiners.
- The awards are made to the students who show the greatest proficiency in Psychiatry in the MBBS examinations in Year 5.
- No application is necessary.
The values of the Prizes are:
- 1st AW Beard and Bernard Hart Prize £200
- 2nd Bernard Hart Prize £175
- 3rd Bunzl Prize £150
- Each award is accompanied by a certificate.
- The awards are announced in August.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 10 sep 12 16:49