- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Rail Strikes and Examinations- Latest Advice
It has been announced that the Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) Union have cancelled planned strike action which was due to disrupt services on 25th and 26th May. All services will now run as normal on the above dates and there will be no impact on students travelling to examinations.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Mayer de Rothschild Scholarship in Pure Mathematics
Founded on 1875 by the Baroness Mayer de Rothschild in memory of her husband
- Two Scholarships, known as the Mayer de Rothschild Scholarships in Pure Mathematics, may be awarded in each session.
- The Scholarships are awarded by the Council on the recommendation of the Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences.
- The Scholarships are awarded in Pure Mathematics.
- The annual value of each Scholarship may fluctuate from year to year but will be in the region of £275.
- The candidate must be a student of the College, and must have attended for not less than five terms a course of study in Pure Mathematics.
- Candidates must send written notice of their intention to compete for a Scholarship to the Registrar of the College on or before 15 May. They must give particulars of their academic record and of the work which they intend to pursue in the event of the Scholarship being awarded to them.
- The qualifications of the candidates are considered by the Astor Professor of Mathematics.
- The Professor will hold an oral examination during the summer term. S/he may, if s/he thinks fit, also hold a written examination.
- The Scholarships are tenable in the Department of Mathematics.
- The Scholarships are awarded in the first instance for one session, but may be renewed for a second session on the recommendation of the Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 15 feb 12 09:57