Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Robinson Bursary for Postgraduate Study in German
Founded in 1996 by Professor Alan Robinson, student of the College from 1938-40 and, after war service, from 1943-4; Professor of German at the Universities of Guelph, Ontario (1967-71) and of Wales, Aberystwyth (1971-79)
- A bursary known as the Robinson Bursary for
Postgraduate Study in German may
be awarded in each session.
- The Bursary is awarded by the Council on
the recommendation of the Faculty
of Arts and Humanities.
- The Bursary is awarded to a deserving
postgraduate in the Department of
German at UCL.
- The maximum value of the award is £80.
- Candidates must send written notice of their intention
to compete for the
Bursary to the Head of the German Department on or before 15 May giving
particulars of their circumstances and the purpose to which they
intend to use
- The qualifications of candidates are considered
by a panel chaired by the
Head of the German Department.
- The Bursary holder elected must pursue a course of study or
research for a
higher degree at University College London.
- The Bursary is tenable for one session.
- The College reserves the right to vary these regulations
should it become
necessary to do so in order to ensure the continued
use of the resources in the
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.