Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Melvill Nettleship Prize for Figure Composition
Founded in 1897 by his mother in memory of Henry Nettleship, a former student in the Slade School of Fine Art
- The Melvill Nettleship Prize for Figure Composition may be
awarded from time
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the Slade
Professor of Fine Art.
- The Prize is awarded for Figure Composition.
- The value of the Melvill Nettleship Prize, which takes
the form of books,
instruments, or materials, is the accumulated income
of the Melvill Nettleship
Prize Fund, or such lesser sum as the Slade Professor of Fine
- A candidate must be a student in the Slade School of Fine
Art at the time of
competing for the Prize, and must have attended the School
for not less than two
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the
Slade Professor of
- Normally the award is announced in October.
- A work for which a Melvill Nettleship Prize has been awarded
may be retained
by the Slade School at the discretion of the Slade Professor of Fine
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 11:01 by Registry Web