UCL Dental School Commemorative Prize in Prosthodontics
Founded in 2002 from half the income of the Joint Medal Fund
- A Prize known ass the UCL Dental School Commemorative
Prosthodontics may be awarded in each session.
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the Eastman
- The Prize is awarded, on academic merit, to a
postgraduate student of the
Eastman Dental Institute in the year in which
s/he completes the final degree
examinations and/or submits the research project report. He
student must have
completed each component of the degree assessment at his or her first
- The Prize is comprised of a certificate, a trophy and a cheque
to the sum of
at least £150.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by
a panel normally
comprised of the Chair of the Division of Restorative Dental Sciences,
programme director(s), a representative of the consultant staff and a
representative of other academic staff from each of the
Conservative Dentistry and Prosthetic Dentistry, and a representative of
part-time teaching staff from each of those
- The Prize is announced in September and awarded
at a presentation
- The College reserves the right to vary these regulations
should it become
necessary to do so in order to ensure the contiued use of
the resources in the
- Awards are subject to the provision of the General Regulations.