Top Resources
A-Z Icon A-Z Index
Term Dates Icon Term Dates
Directory Icon Directory Services
Portico Icon Portico
Registry Student and Registry Services
Student Centre Student Centre
Pay On-line Pay On-line
Study Abroad Icon Study Abroad
Timetable Timetable
Moodle Moodle
Map Icon Maps and Transport links

European Union Funding

European Union Flag EU nationals and EEA students studying on an undergraduate programme at UCL maybe eligible for financial support from the UK government towards both their tuition fees and living costs. In order to qualify students will need to meet certain eligibility criteria.
Tuition Fee Support

If you're from another EU country, you can apply for financial help to cover the cost of tuition fees whilst studying at UCL. Help with tuition fees may also be available if you’re a migrant worker from an EEA (European Economic Area) country or Switzerland, and in some cases to the children of Turkish workers in the UK.

Eligibility for a tuition fee loan

How to apply for a tuition fee loan

New full-time EU and EEA students who apply for their course through UCAS by July will be sent an application form from student finance automatically. If you have not received a form in this manner, paper copies of the application form and instructions on how to apply are available for download from the following link:

Applying for a tuition fee loan

Extra help with living costs

You may also be able to apply for help with your living costs, on top of help with fees, if you:

  • Are an EU national yourself (having a parent who’s an EU national isn’t enough to qualify)
  • Have lived in the UK and Islands for at least five years when you start your course, for reasons other than receiving full-time education.
  • Have EEA or Swiss migrant worker status – or you’re a family member of someone who does

Useful contacts

If you have any questions about whether you qualify for finance as an EU student, contact Student Finance Services European Team at the Student Loans Company on:

(+44) (0) 141 243 3570

Further advice and information on the support available to EU students studying in the UK can also be found at UKCISA (UK Council for International Student Affairs).

Page Editors : Student Funding