RESULTS-Africa PhD studentships available
19 June 2017
Five funded studentships are available with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine for Lung Health & TB research (RESearch on lUng heaLth and TuberculosiS in Africa - RESULTS Africa) in 11 African countries: Nigeria, Gambia, Ghana, Cameroon, Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi and South Africa.
Further information is below and at http://www.lstmed.ac.uk/study/research-degrees/lstm-mrc-doctoral-training-partnership-2017-18. Please note that the deadline for applications is Friday, 23rd June 2017.
Key details are as follows:
- Applicants must be from an African country and the PhD work must be carried out in one of the 11 countries listed above, linked to one of LSTM's collaborating organisations.
- The school is looking for five students; one in each of the following disciplines: Policy; Health Economics; Health Systems; Social Science; and Clinical/Epidemiology.
- Although majoring in one of the above disciplines, they expect multi-disciplinary work, so linkage to another discipline is required as well.
- The work must be on the interface between TB and Lung Health. On the website there are a number of outline projects for which the candidates can indicate their preferences.
- The closing date for applications is 23rd June 2017 for a start date in September 2017.
- Successful students will be accepted onto LSTM's MRC Doctoral Training Programme which gives them one year's formal training (Masters in Research) followed by 3 years' field work.
- Funding includes supervision, travel, in-country costs etc. to the tune of £400,000 over the four years of the studentship.