Before you start
There are two things you need to do to apply for adoption leave:
- notify your manager, preferably in writing, and
- complete an adoption leave application form.
Both need to be done at the earliest opportunity.
HR will write to you within four weeks of receiving your form.
To begin your application for adoption leave you will need to know:
- your child's adoption date
- the date you would like to begin your leave
- when you expect to return to work
- your UCL user ID and password.
- 1. Download an adoption leave form
Follow the links in the document to locate the correct form for you
- 2. Fill in the form
The form asks for:
- your name, email address and telephone number
- your UCL employee number
- your manager’s name and your department/division
- how you intend to take your pay during your leave
- your contact details for when you are on leave.
- 3. Give the form to your manager
Your manager will send the form to HR.
Your manager will countersign the form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with details of how they propose to cover your duties.