Before you start
There are two things you need to do to apply for adoption leave:
- notify your manager, preferably in writing, and
- complete an adoption leave application form.
Both need to be done at the earliest opportunity.
HR will write to you within four weeks of receiving your form.
To begin your application for adoption leave you will need to know:
- your child's adoption date
- the date you would like to begin your leave
- when you expect to return to work
- your UCL user ID and password.
- 1. Download an adoption leave form
Follow the links in the document to locate the correct form for you
- 2. Fill in the form
The form asks for:
- your name, email address and telephone number
- your UCL employee number
- your manager’s name and your department/division
- how you intend to take your pay during your leave
- your contact details for when you are on leave.
- 3. Form goes to your line manager
- Your line manager will receive the form automatically via email once you have completed your section of the online form.
- Your line manager will then need to sign the form after they have been able to provide details of how they propose to cover your duties.
- Once they have signed the form, it will automatically be sent to HR Services to process your application.