Before you start
You will need:
- Your UCL user ID and Password.
- A computer with a network connection outside the UCL corporate network e.g from home.
- A computer running a firewall and anti-virus product. You can download F-Secure (Windows) or Sophos (Mac) from UCL’s software database for free.
You should be aware of the following:
- You are installing the application onto your machine/device and configuring the client entirely at your own risk – no guarantees can be made that they will work.
- When connected to the UCL Remote Access VPN Service, ALL your traffic will be sent through the UCL network, regardless of whether the destination is a UCL address or an address on the Internet.
- All users must be aware of this fact and follow the UCL Computing Regulations and the JANET Acceptable Use Policy when connecting to the Remote Access VPN Service.
Follow the UCL Remote Access VPN Service instructions for your device.