2019 Annual Autumn Symposium: "Biodiversity and Medicinal Plant Research: Global Perspectives from the Field"
Wednesday 9 October 2019
29-39 Brunswick Square
London WC1N 1AX
12:30-1:30 PM. REGISTRATION and POSTER SESSION- Square Lounge
1:30 - 3:00 PM. SESSION 1 - John Hanbury Lecture Theatre
- Opening Remarks. Prof. Michael Heinrich, UCL School of Pharmacy, UK.
- 1:30 - 2:00 PM. Javier Echeverría, Universidad de Santiago, Chile. "Ethnopharmacology in Chile - Opportunities and challenges"
- 2:00 - 2:30 PM. Felipe García Cardone, Instituto Humboldt, Colombia. "Native medicinal plants of Colombia: How can they contribute to better healthcare?"
- 2:30 - 3:00 PM. Nick Sadgrove, Royal Botanic Gardens Kew, UK. "Intraspecific variability of taxa in Australian Eremophila (Scrophulariaceae) was recognised by historical Aboriginal men of high degree, but not by modern botanists"
3.00-3:15 PM. BREAK - Square Lounge
3:15-4:30 PM SESSION 2 - John Hanbury Lecture Theatre
- 3:15 - 3:45 PM. Matteo Politi, Takiwasi Center, Peru and University of Chieti, Italy. "Peru's biocultural diversity and the case of ayahuasca in the management of addiction"
- 3:45 - 4:15 PM. Adolfo Andrade Cetto, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico. "Hypoglycemic plants - Some mechanisms of action"
- 4:15 - 4:30 PM. Michael Heinrich, UCL School of Pharmacy, UK. "Quality control and sustainable sourcing of traditional medicines in the time of blockchains"
4.30 - 5.00 PM. POSTER SESSION
*Frank Fish Memorial Lecture and Wine Reception: 5:00 PM onwards. Free pre-registration required:https://www.ucl.ac.uk/pharmacy/news/2019/sep/frank-fish-lecture-2019