Book a place
This is a one-day course for school or college science technicians in charge of (or aspiring to manage) a team.
It will help you develop the skills needed to:
- share good practice
- work cohesively as a team
- identify and address any changes needed to improve practice
It will enable you to deliver and enhance the technical service in your school or college and possibly beyond, by training others and setting up local groups.
This course is run by IOE, UCL's faculty of education and society.
The course covers the following:
- Managing a technical service
- Communication and working with others
- Training others - induction programmes and appraisals
- Leadership and management
- Keeping up to date with developments in the field
Who the course is for
This course is suitable for school or college science technicians who manage (or aspire to manage) a team.
You'll need to be working as a science technician in a school or college.
This course will help you to:
- enhance your leadership skills and team working
- develop skills to share good practice
- address key issues that are essential for effective performance in your role
- evaluate situations and identify any necessary changes to improve practice
- consider strategies for providing effective technical support
- develop and enhance the technical service delivered in your school or college
The course is delivered mainly as a lecture with interactive discussion.
You'll get a certificate of attendance on completing the course.
Stephanie is a professional tutor and consultant for science technicians who work in an educational setting.
Book a place
Course information last modified: 7 Jan 2022, 09:04