Book a place
This is a one-day course for school or college science technicians in charge of (or aspiring to manage) a team.
It will help you develop the skills needed to:
- share good practice
- work cohesively as a team
- identify and address any changes needed to improve practice
It will enable you to deliver and enhance the technical service in your school or college and possibly beyond, by training others and setting up or contacting local groups.
This course is run by IOE, UCL's faculty of education and society.
The course covers:
- managing and organising the technical service, including the requisition system and associated practical resources
- communication and working with others
- training others - induction programmes and appraisals
- leadership and management
- keeping up to date with developments in the field
Who the course is for
This course is suitable for school or college science technicians who manage (or aspire to manage) a team, or those who are sole technicians.
You'll need to be working as a science technician in a school or college.
This course will help you to:
- enhance your leadership skills and team working
- develop skills to share good practice
- address key issues that are essential for effective performance in your role
- evaluate situations and identify any necessary changes to improve practice
- consider strategies for providing effective technical support, including prioritising and scheduling workloads
- develop and enhance the technical service delivered in your workplace, focusing on the requisition system and associated practical resources
The course is delivered mainly as a lecture with interactive discussion.
The price is £180 which includes course materials and a packed lunch.
If you are not able to pay by debit/credit card, an invoice will be raised for upfront payment. If this is your preferred method of payment, fill in the short course booking form and you will receive a confirmation once your booking has been processed manually.
You'll get a certificate of attendance on completing the course.
Stephanie is a professional tutor and consultant for science technicians who work in an educational setting.
Book a place
Course information last modified: 30 Nov 2022, 16:01