Book a place
This one-day online course presents an overview current cyber threats and how to approach cyber security risk management for C-suite executives and other senior professionals.
Cybersecurity is a strategic and business risk, not just an information technology issue. This course will provide an overview of cybersecurity risk management and the key challenges involved in effectively managing these risks in your organisation.
It will include:
- defining the cyber security risk management strategy
- articulating cyber security risks as a measure of threats and vulnerabilities
- reporting, monitoring and governing cyber security risks
- being prepared, should the cyber risk occur
The emphasis will be on risk management by non-IT professionals.
By the end of the course, you should be able to define and improve cybersecurity risk management structure and help implement risk assurance processes within your organisation.
Due to Covid-19 this course will be run online using Zoom.
The course will be structured as follows.
- Introduction to cybersecurity
- Risk based approach to cybersecurity
- Importance of cybersecurity for senior managers and C-suite executives
2. Cyber threats, vulnerabilities and risks
- Threat actors
- The changing threat landscape
- Common vulnerabilities
- Articulating and measuring cybersecurity risks
3. Case study
4. Key elements of enterprise-level cybersecurity organisation
- Cybersecurity strategy, policy and framework
- Cybersecurity roles, governance and accountability
- Risk management framework
- Risk management plan for key cyber risks
- Incident and crisis management
5. Resolving challenges
- Responding to changes in the internal and external threat level
- Analysing cost versus risk reduction benefits
- Improving staff awareness
- Leadership and organisational culture
- Resource, capability and skills gaps
Who this course is for
This course is aimed at C-suite executives and other senior managers responsible for managing cyber risk.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The course will be run online using Zoom.
Information will be provided in a clear manner, cutting through all of the cyber jargon.
It will be in a lecture format, but with significant interaction. Group discussion will be encouraged.
The lecturers are senior personnel who have extensive management, technical, and academic experience.
You'll get a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- assess the accountability, responsibility and governance structure for cyber security risk management in your organisation
- describe cyber risks, both external and internal, that affect you and your organisation
- define and improve a risk management governance structure within your own organisation
- participate effectively in risk and investment discussions with your specialist staff
- confidently assess the cyber security risk management and assurance plan
- champion effective measures to enhance your organisational cyber security resilience
- influence cyber risk management decisions at board level
Meha is a senior business transformation and assurance manager. She has 27 years of global experience in shaping, planning, executing and assuring technology-based business change programmes with a budget of £3 to £30 million. These have spanned various industry sectors (finance, title insurance, telecom, manufacturing, automotive, meteorology and healthcare).
Meha recently completed research on “Are cybersecurity risks managed effectively in UK post NIS regulation?” and provided policy recommendations. She’s currently associated with an EU Horizon 2020 project for her PhD at UCL on cyber/physical security of the future smart streets. The aim of this research is to provide inputs to the UK and European policies for minimising security risks in the design specification and operational management of future smart streets. She’s also designed a course on cyber security risk management at UCL for professionals and students specialising in business management. She has a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and an MRes in Security and Crime Science.
Book a place
Course information last modified: 18 Sep 2020, 08:13