Book a place
This course aims to strengthen your skills and confidence in the design and execution of direct restorations, without unnecessary removal of the tooth structure used in conventional techniques.
You'll use specifically designed models on phantom heads, which offer the closest experience available to working on a live patient.
You’ll benefit from specialist opinions on treatment planning and material selection.
- when to intervene and when not to
- to optimise restorative techniques to get better results in your everyday clinical practice
- how to manage extensively-damaged teeth and sub gingivally extended cavities without going through complex and costly treatments
- about contemporary materials and adhesive techniques used in dentistry.
You’ll also discover the preparation features for various restorations.
There will be feedback and discussions based on identified problem areas.
You'll learn through a mixture of:
- 50% lectures and interactive seminars
- 50% skills laboratory and clinic hands-on training.
Who this course is for
You must hold an approved dental qualification.
The course is aimed at dentists at any stage of their career.
You may be:
- an established dentist wanting to refresh your knowledge and skills in new techniques
- a young dentist wanting to build your abilities.
By the end of the course you should feel confident in:
- the preparation features for various restorations
- hands-on practical aspects of minimally-invasive techniques
- MID indirect restorations and their use in modern dentistry
- the principles of MID tooth preparation for full/partial coverage, and direct/indirect restorations
- debating the clinical stages and possible challenges faced.
CPD points and certificate
The course will give you 6.5 hours of verifiable CPD.
You'll also get a certificate of attendance.
Neil is a Senior Clinical Teaching Fellow at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute. He's worked in NHS and private practice for the past seven years and currently works in specialist practices accepting referrals from general dentists. He currently teaches postgraduate students on the RDP certificate course as well as other short CPD courses. He also delivers courses to recently-qualified dentists and is a specialist clinical dental trainer in practice
Book a place
Course information last modified: 13 Dec 2022, 12:44