ACCELERATE Success: Grant Writing for Translational Research
23 September 2020
Find out to write grant applications for translational research projects!
In contrast to academic/fellowship grant applications, applying for translational research and innovation grants is all about pitching the end vision and convincing funders that you know what it takes to get there: What is the unmet clinical need? How will you meet this need? What are the project milestones and how much will it cost? For many, the first step to pitching this vision is a written application.
When: Tuesday 6th October 2020, 10am-12:30pm
Where: Online - a link to the meeting space will be shared with registered participants the day before the workshop.
What to expect: In this interactive workshop, you will learn how to increase your chances of funding success for impact acceleration, knowledge exchange and translational research projects as well as where to find support at UCL.
By the end of the workshop, participants will;
- Recognise the important elements of a translational research/innovation grant application
- Recognise how to identify the risks of the project and outline how they will be managed
- Explain how to strategically apply for funding based on the maturity of one’s project and how to link this with one’s project milestones
- Describe how to protect intellectual property when submitting a funding application
- Recognise how to simplify one’s message and edit one’s ideas for a specific funding call
- Recognise how to improve the likelihood of success by ensuring one’s application is understood and makes a good impression
- Identify where to find support at UCL.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at researchers at UCL who would like to know more about how to put together a winning grant application for a translational research project.