Train the Trainer provides supervisors and managers with guidance on how to deliver effective in-house training to their team and may include a package of training materials to use.
Safety Services 'Train the Trainer' programme aims to support participants in delivering effective in-house training to their staff group. Participants will gain an understanding of how people learn and what factors need to be taken into account when delivering training. You will explore basic teaching strategies and consider how these can be applied.
Participants who attend one of these courses may be provided with a package of training materials such as PowerPoint presentations with accompanying notes pages. The package of materials has been produced by Safety Services on the understanding that the person who has attended the Train the Trainer course will deliver it at in-house sessions.
Subsequent training to staff groups will not be recorded by Safety Services but departments must keep a record of those people who have been trained.
Safety Services will regularly review the Train the Trainer programme and associated training materials. To ensure that you do not miss out on important updates, please do not download local copies of these files.
The content of the training materials may not be altered without prior written approval from Safety Services. The images included are only to be used in the presentation provided and must not be reproduced in other materials.
Participants must agree to the following terms and limitations on the use of training materials provided as part of the Train the Trainer programme.
- Participants must successfully complete Train the Trainer training provided by Safety Services before they can deliver in-house training on the specified topic.
- Participants must use Safety Services' methodology and training materials prescribed in the training course specification.
- Participants must not copy or reproduce any training materials without prior written approval from Safety Services.
- Participants must not alter or adapt the method taught or the training materials without prior written approval from Safety Services.
- Departments must keep a record of those people who have been trained and this record must be available for inspection by Safety Services.
- To ensure the quality of delivery, the department agrees that in-house training may be assessed by Safety Services. To facilitate this the department will inform Safety Services of its intention to deliver training with a date and venue at least one week prior to the event.
> Download the Manual Handling & Lifting Presentation (UCL login required)
> Download the Face Fit Tester process and materials (UCL login required)
Last updated: Thursday, November 4, 2021