Being a member of the IRDR offers a range of benefits, including:
- Can attend IRDR events
- Can join the IRDR LinkedIn community
- Can apply for IRDR funding for small projects, travel, and visitors
- Can apply for IRDR studentships & fellowships
- Invitation to members only events
- Members mailing list - where we inform you of our events, activities, and opportunities in the area of risk and disaster reduction. Approximately 2 emails per month. You will also receive our newsletters.
If you do not wish to become a member, you can still sign up to receive our newsletters:
This mailing list is used for our termly newsletters and to invite our associates to our largest events. The newsletters include latest news about IRDR research, events, courses, and research impact. Approximately 5 emails per year.
Become a member
To become a member of the Institute complete form:
Publications policy for the Institute
All staff or students directly funded from the Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction must use the affiliation in their publications as 'UCL Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction', followed by affiliation(s) of the departments they are working in.
All members of the Institute working on any project under the IRDR themes should add 'UCL Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction' as a secondary affiliation.