The UCL Environment Research Domain will build a picture all environment and environment-relevant research activity and increase its impact locally, regionally, nationally and internationally – where impact is the beneficial application of expertise, knowledge, analysis, discovery or insight, primarily delivered through scholarly outputs, education, public engagement, translational research, commercial and social enterprise activity, and influence on public policy and professional practice.
Initially the UCL Environment Research Domain will support the following thematic strands:
- Environmental Governance – Leader TBA
- Cultures of Sustainability – Led by Jerome Lewis, UCL Anthropology
- Water Security – Led by Richard Taylor, UCL Geography
- Climate – Leader TBA
- Migration – Led by Claire Dwyer, UCL Geography
- Sustainable Cities – Led by Adriana Allen, UCL Development Planning Unit.