Undergraduate Offer Holders


Step 3: Accommodation and funding

Once you have made your decision as to whom to accept as your Firm choice, you should start your application for accommodation and funding, if you require it.

Applying for student finance

If you require a student loan for tuition fees or maintenance it is important that you start your application as soon as possible.

A good starting point for further information about student finance is www.gov.uk/student-finance if you're a UK/EU student, or your local Ministry of Education if you're an overseas student.

If your offer is for deferred entry, you will need to submit any applications for student finance in 2022.

Further information

For information about tuition fees, please visit the fees and funding section of the website.

In addition, the Which? Student Budget Calculator can help you plan and manage your money for you studies.

UCL has a range of scholarships and bursaries for undergraduate students. Find out more about them using the scholarship finder.

Applying for student accommodation

The dealine to apply for UCL acommodation is 10 June.

If you are holding an offer of a place to study at UCL and would like to make an application for university accommodation, please visit our Student Accommodation website.

You will need your UCL user ID and password to log in. If you don’t yet know your details, you can use the Online User Registration website to register a personal email address, which can then be used to access the system and make an application. The Online User registration system will also require your UCL student number, which is quoted on all UCL communications. 

You will receive a response from July onwards, if you are holding an unconditional firm offer with UCL or from August onwards (after A level results have been released) if you are holding a conditional firm offer. If you are a Junior Year Abroad, Erasmus or Exchange student you will receive a response from July or August.

If your offer is for deferred entry, you will need to submit your application for accommodation in 2022.