It is important that you read the following guidance notes carefully before starting your online application.
- Application guidelines for taught programmes
- Application guidelines for research programmes
- Application process for teacher training programmes
Graduate programmes that don't accept UCL UK online applications
A number of programmes, including teacher training programmes, have different application processes. Please see the list of programmes with alternative application processes for full details.
Guide to applying online
UCL will only consider completed applications. See what you need to complete your application.
Find detailed guidance on on how to apply.
Once you have submitted your application, should you wish to make any amendments you must contact UCL Admissions by email (email@example.com) or telephone +44 (0)20 3108 7288.
Apply online checklist
UCL is not able to support applications made through agents. UCL expects that the email ID and password that you create will be used by you solely for the purpose of submitting your own application(s) to study at UCL.
In order to use Apply Online, you should satisfy a number of conditions. Please read the statements below and check the box to confirm you have done so. If you satisfy the following conditions, please then click the ‘Accept and apply’ button and you will be transferred to the Apply Online pages.
- I have checked whether there is an application deadline and I will submit my application before any applicable deadline. I understand that references must be uploaded before any deadline.
- I can provide a valid email address for each referee and I have contacted both referees to advise them they will receive a request to upload their reference via a secure website. I understand that my application will be put on hold and will not be considered by UCL until references have been uploaded.
- I am able to submit my transcript in electronic format (.doc, .docx, .jpg, .pdf) at the same time as my application. This document will less than 2MB in size.
- If an application processing fee applies to my programme, I am able to pay the fee online as part of my application, or arrange for the fee to be paid on my behalf, and have read and understood the Terms and Conditions. I understand that if a fee is required, my application is not submitted to UCL before the fee is paid.
- I understand that if I am applying for a research programme or a taught programme which is exempt, that no fee is required.
- I will submit my own application and am not using an agent to do so on my behalf.