A standard non-refundable application processing fee applies for most graduate taught programmes, with a small number of exceptions.
A standard fee of £90 for online applications and £115 for paper applications will apply to the following types of programme:
- Master's degrees (MA, MSc, LLM, etc.)
- Postgraduate Diplomas (PG Dip)
- Postgraduate Certificates (PG Cert), except PGCE
- Graduate Diplomas (Grad Dip) and Graduate Certificates (Grad Cert)
|Programme||Online application||Paper application|
|Standard fee (see above)||£90||£115|
|All Eastman Dental Institute programmes||£120||£145|
|All Slade School of Fine Art programmes||£35||£60|
|Business Analytics (with Management Science) MSc||£160||£160|
|Project and Enterprise Management MSc||£160||£160|
Programmes that are exempt from application fees
- UCL Research Degree programmes
- Brain and Mind Sciences MSc
- PG Cert Clinical Ophthalmic Practice
- PG Cert Child and Young Persons Psych WP
- PG Cert Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Interv
- PG Dip Child and Young Person IAPT Therapy
- MSc Data Analytics for Government
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert Health Data Analytics
- MSc Conservation for Archaeology and Museums
- Int MA Econ State & Society: Economics & Business
- Int MA Econ State & Society: History & Society
- Int MA Econ State & Society: Politics & Security
- Int MA Econ State & Society: Politics & the International Economy
- PG Dip General Pharmacy Practice
- PG Cert General Pharmacy Practice (Prescribing)
- MSc Advanced Pharmacy Practice
- MSc Anaesthesia and Perioperative Science
- PG Cert Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (for Psychosis) (January Start)
- PG Cert Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (for Eating Disorders) (January Start)
- PG Cert Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (for Personality Disorders) (January Start)
- PG Dip Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Psychosis) (January Start)
- PG Dip Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Eating Disorders) (January Start)
- PG Dip Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Personality Disorders) (January Start)
Paying your application fee
If you need to pay an application fee, you can access our payment system after submitting your application.
We will send you an email with the payment link so do not worry if you close the page after applying.
If you apply for more than one programme the fee is payable for each application submitted.
Application fees are non-refundable-
this includes in circumstances where an application is unsuccessful.
Teacher training applicants
Applications for Primary and Secondary PGCE programmes are processed through DfE Apply. There is no application fee for teacher training programmes.
Applications for Early Years Initial Teacher Training are made direct to UCL. There is no application fee for teacher training programmes.
UCL understands that prospective students living in conflict zones or affected by displacement may find it difficult to pay an application fee.
We commit to making the application process accessible to those affected.
If financial hardship is the result of conflict or displacement you can apply for a fee waiver.
It is not possible to apply for an application fee waiver under any other circumstances, including if you are applying for a scholarship.
Applying for a fee waiver
If you think you are eligible, UCL considers written requests for suspension of the application fee through our enquiry form.
Ensure that you include the name of the programme(s) you wish to apply to.