A standard fee of £90 for online applications and £115 for paper applications will apply to the following types of programme*:
- Master's degrees (MA, MSc, LLM, etc.)
- Postgraduate Diplomas (PG Dip)
- Postgraduate Certificates (PG Cert), except PGCE
- Graduate Diplomas (Grad Dip) and Graduate Certificates (Grad Cert)
*application fees for programmes beginning in the 2020/21 academic session (before 1st August 2021) will remain chargeable at the 2020/21 rate, which is £10 less than the amounts stated below.
|Programme||Online application||Paper application|
|Standard fee (see above)||£90||£115|
|All Eastman Dental Institute programmes||£120||£145|
|All Slade School of Fine Art programmes||£35||£60|
|Business Analytics (with Management Science) MSc||£160||£160|
|Project and Enterprise Management MSc||£160||£160|
Application fees are non-refundable. If you apply for more than one programme the fee is payable for each application submitted. Rejection of the application i.e. failure on the part of an applicant to secure a place, is not sufficient to merit a refund.
Programmes exempt from application fees
- Brain and Mind Sciences MSc
- PG Cert Clinical Ophthalmic Practice
- PG Cert Child and Young Persons Psych WP
- PG Cert Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Interv
- PG Dip Child and Young Person IAPT Therapy
- MSc Data Analytics for Government
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert Health Data Analytics
- MSc Conservation for Archaeology and Museums
- Int MA Econ State & Society: Economics & Business
- Int MA Econ State & Society: History & Society
- Int MA Econ State & Society: Politics & Security
- Int MA Econ State & Society: Politics & the International Economy
- PG Dip General Pharmacy Practice
- PG Cert General Pharmacy Practice (Prescribing)
- MSc Advanced Pharmacy Practice
- PG Cert Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (for Psychosis) (January Start)
- PG Cert Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (for Eating Disorders) (January Start)
- PG Cert Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (for Personality Disorders) (January Start)
- PG Dip Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Psychosis) (January Start)
- PG Dip Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Eating Disorders) (January Start)
- PG Dip Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Personality Disorders) (January Start)
Teacher training applicants
Applications for Primary and Secondary PGCE programmes are processed through DfE Apply. There is no application fee.
Applications for Early Years Initial Teacher Training are made direct to UCL. There is no application fee for these programmes.
UCL acknowledges that prospective students living in conflict zones or affected by displacement may face considerable difficulties in paying the application fee.
UCL is firmly committed to making the application process accessible to individuals disadvantaged by such circumstances and would be pleased to consider written requests for suspension of the application fee.