Frequently Asked Questions

Jump To:


What is a UCL Contracted Supplier?
What should I do if I find a product or service that is cheaper from a non-contracted supplier?
Who do I contact in Procurement Services to discuss a contracted supplier?
How do I complain to a supplier?
A supplier has told me that they are a UCL preferred supplier, how can I check this?
What are the differences between Procurement and Purchasing?
A supplier has asked me to sign an agreement/contract, what should I do?
Why does procurement need to get the UCL set of terms agreed with the supplier?


I want to find a contractor for development/design, content management of a website or creation of a mobile application. I cannot find a suitable contracted supplier listed on the Procurement website. What do I do?
I want to buy a PC/Laptop/Tablet computer and can't find it in the catalogue on MyFinance marketplace?
I want to buy a PC/Laptop computer from a manufacturer who is not listed on the framework
I want to buy a PC/Laptop and don't know what specification I need
I've seen a PC/Laptop computer in the local shop, can I purchase this there and claim the money back via expenses?
I want to purchase Apple Equipment, why do I have to use resellers and why can't I go directly to Apple?
I want to purchase some software, how can I do this?

Laboratories and Workshops 

I can't find a chemical that I want on the marketplace what do I do?
Does UCL hold a duty free license to purchase duty free products (ethanol and methanol)?
Can I buy a domestic fridge/freezer to store my tissue and reagents in?
What shipping code should I use for shipping goods outside the UK?

New Supplier Requests

I want to set up a new supplier, how do I do this?
How long will it take to process my New Supplier Request Form?
How do I add or amend a company?
I want to use a consultant to provide services for a special piece of work, what terms do I need to put in place?

^ Back to Top