Faculty Education Awards 2020 - Winners
31 March 2020
UCL Education Awards recognise staff making outstanding contributions to the learning experience and success of our students and we wish many congratulations to our colleagues Dr Tom O'Grady, Dr Jeffrey Howard, and Dr Helen Brown Coverdale.
Each Faculty can award one individual or team per category from a list of colleagues nominated by Departments. Exceptional individuals and teams from amongst these winners will receive the Provost's Education Award, which will be announced on 10 June.
Our congratulations to the following colleagues from Arts and Humanities and Social and Historical Sciences on their successful nominations this academic year. Each of them has been selected for a Faculty Education Award in recognition for their hard work and commitment to improving the student learning experience. They have also been nominated for the Provost's Education Award.
Arts and Humanities
- Academic support, with a focus on personal tutoring: Clare Lewis (Arts and Sciences)
- Curriculum development, with a focus on research-based education: Dr Antony Makrinos (Department of Greek and Latin)
- Education leadership, with a focus on sharing best practice: Dr Fiachra Mac Góráin (Department of Greek and Latin)
- Excellence in the role of Postgraduate Teaching Assistant: Dr Stacey Hackner (Arts and Sciences)
Social and Historical Sciences
- Academic support with a focus on personal tutoring: Dr Tatiana Thieme (Department of Geography)
- Curriculum development, with a focus on research-based education: Dr Tom O'Grady (Department of Political Science)
- Education leadership, with a focus on sharing best practice: Dr Jeffrey Howard (Department of Political Science)
- Education success for all: Dr Helen Brown Coverdale (Department of Political Science)
- Excellence in the role of Postgraduate Teaching Assistant: Silvia Sarpietro (Department of Economics)
- Team award: Institute of Archaeology - Dr Bill Sillar; Dr Mark Roberts; Charlotte Frearson; Judy Medrington; Dr Andrew Reid; Prof Dorian Fuller; Sandra Bond; Louise Rayner; Dr Mark Lake; Dr Matthew Pope; Alex Allen; Hannah Gibbs; Jon Cogdale
For more information on the UCL Education Awards, and for details of previous winners, please visit the awards webpage.