UCL Easter closure 2018
15 March 2018
UCL will be closed to all non-UCL staff and students for Easter from 5.30pm on Wednesday 28 March 2018 to 9am on Thursday 5 April 2018.
The following procedures apply to the UCL's main Bloomsbury site defined as all buildings except those of the post graduate medical institutes and sites away from Central London.
Before leaving on Wednesday 28 March 2018, Laboratory Superintendents and others where appropriate, unless otherwise instructed by the Head of Department should ensure that:
- All lights and heaters are switched off in their department.
- All gas and water taps are turned off and that hoses connecting
- Apparatus to water taps are securely wired both to the water supply and to the apparatus.
- The Security Office has received by 12 noon on Monday 26 March a copy of a list of places, such as laboratories with constant operating equipment, where there is a possible danger from flooding or fire.
- The Security Office has received by 12 noon on Monday 26 March written details of persons who can be contacted in cases of emergency (Other than those already on the Control room database)
Heads of Departments are asked to bring the contents of this message to the attention of members of their department and to remind them of the need to take care when working during periods of closure and that any procedures which have been assessed as having a significant level of risk should not be carried out by persons working alone.
We would like to stress the importance for individuals to maintain internal security within their departments. Any incident which appears suspicious should be reported to the Security Control Room on the UCL Emergency Number - 222.
UCL students and staff on campus during the Easter period will have access to learning spaces and some libraries. For more information, view our opening hours http://www.ucl.ac.uk/library/opening
For information on welfare and support services available to students please refer to www.ucl.ac.uk/current-students/support.
Computing Services: the network and central computing services will be left running, but unattended. Find out further information on the Information Services Division website http://www.ucl.ac.uk/isd
Specifically to UCL Estates Projects Managers:
The Security Office has received by 12 noon on Monday 26 March all out of hours and weekend work forms for any contractors expected in during closure period.
Let us please thank you in anticipation for your help and co-operation in implementing these arrangements and take the opportunity of wishing you a happy Easter.