Opinion: As Wikipedia dominates, an homage to the encyclopedia
27 February 2023
In his review of ‘All the Knowledge in the World’ by Simon Garfield in The Washington Post, Dr Dennis Duncan (English Language & Literature) explores the history of encyclopaedias, and efforts to codify and condense the world's knowledge into a single publication.
- Article in The Washington Post (£)
- Dr Dennis Duncan's academic profile
- UCL Department of English Language & Literature
- UCL Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- Credit: Devonyu via iStock Image