Return to UCL Roadshows
26 February 2021
Following on from the recent announcement of the phased easing of lockdown, and potential for more activity on campus, we are keen to ensure that staff have opportunities to talk about UCL’s response to the announcement, and what this means for them.
We are holding a series of five Return to UCL Roadshows over the coming months, to coincide with the Government’s roadmap for leaving lockdown. The roadshows are designed to help us prepare for our return, but our message about working from home hasn’t changed – if you can work from home then please continue to do so. We hosted a similar series of events in 2020 and they were very helpful in providing an opportunity to hear more about our plans, and for the panel to listen to a range of questions and feedback. We hope that the second round of events will be just as positive.
The events are for all staff and will be an ‘ask anything’ format. We will hear from the panel who will focus on our practical and safe return to UCL, the well-being of our people and future of the pandemic.
The roadshows are designed to be both informative, and interactive and we encourage you to ask questions.
The panel comprises:
- Professor Sasha Roseneil, Dean of the Faculty of Social & Historical Science, and Pro Vice Provost (Equity and Inclusion)
- Professor Geraint Rees, Dean of the Faculty of Life Sciences, and Pro-Vice-Provost (Artificial Intelligence)
- Professor Ivan Parkin, Dean of the Faculty of Mathematical & Physical Sciences
- Ian Dancy, Executive Director of Operations
The five roadshows have been grouped by School, and central Professional Services, with a different Chair for each event. We want to encourage participation and ensure that anyone who wishes to attend an event can do so. If you cannot attend on the date of your designated roadshow, you are very welcome to attend on one of the other dates.
- BEAMS, Chaired by Professor Nigel Titchener-Hooker: Thursday 25 March, 10:00–12:00: Register for BEAMS
- SLASH, Chaired by Professor Piet Eeckhout: Monday 26 April, 11:00–13:00: Register for SLASH
- IOE, Chaired by Professor Sue Rogers: Thursday 6 May, 10:00–12:00: Register for IOE
- Professional Services, Chaired by Fiona Ryland: Thursday 13 May, 10:00–12:00: Register for Professional Services
- SLMS, Chaired by Professor Alan Thompson: Thursday 27 May, 11:00–13:00: Register for SLMS
Each event will be on Zoom and the link will be circulated beforehand. You are encouraged to submit your questions in advance – to do this, please follow the links to sli.do on the registration information.
Please note that the events will be recorded.