New Students’ Union UCL Sabbatical Officers
11 April 2019
March saw the election of the seven new Sabbatical Officers who will be leading Students’ Union UCL for the coming year. Find out more about them here.
Student’s Union UCL’s 2019-20 Sabbatical Officer team were announced in March after an election which saw a phenomenal 35,614 ballots cast.
The new team includes:
- Aatikah (Welfare and International Officer)
- Ashley (Education Officer)
- Carol (Democracy, Operations and Community Officer)
- D’Arcy (Activities Officer)
- Jim (Postgraduate Students’ Officer)
- Nilisha (Women’s Officer)
- Sandra (Black & Minority Ethnic Students’ Officer)
All seven Sabbatical Officers will spend the academic year 2019-20 working full-time to lead the Students’ Union and represent all students across UCL.
The newly elected Sabbatical Officers will begin in July and their role involves sitting on a wide range of UCL committees to represent students. In addition to this, two Sabbatical Officers are members of UCL Council, working in close collaboration with UCL and other elected students to helping improve student life at UCL.
Each Sabbatical Officer brings a unique set of experiences and insights to Students’ Union UCL.
The Sabbatical Officers have proposed various areas they intend to dedicate attention to improving, including:
- Mental health and support awareness
- ISD Meet & Greet at all external lecture venues
- Improving student facilities
- Increasing priority spaces available for activities
- Campaigning for better pay and benefits for students who teach
- Increasing financial support to disabled women with care-giving responsibilities
- Fighting for quality welfare support for BME students
Read the Sabbatical Officer’s full manifestos by visiting Students' Union UCL's webpage.
Students’ Union UCL is the representative body for all UCL students and also provides a wide range of services for students including supporting over 320 sports clubs and student societies, advice and welfare support, student volunteering, a job shop, Bloomsbury Fitness and the university’s other main sports facilities, as well as cafes and bars run by and for UCL students.
To find out more about the Students’ Union or its elected officers please contact John Dubber, Chief Executive, Students’ Union UCL