7 reasons to sign up to the UCL Global Citizenship Programme
18 February 2016
Want to know how you could benefit from becoming a global citizen? Here are seven reasons why you should take part in the
1. Pick up lots of new skills that can be utilised in your degree programme...
"Seminars on poster creation were really useful, as during my course I will have to present my findings in the form of a poster."
2. ...and beyond UCL in your career.
"The negotiation seminar will be really useful for my future job interviews."
3. You'll get to work with new people from lots of different backgrounds.
"I made a lot of new friends and it's great to be able to exchange ideas with people who study completely different things to me."
4. You'll discover new ways to solve problems.
"Students from other degrees provided perspectives I wouldn't normally think of. The diversity of the group reflects the complexity of real-life problems."
5. You'll look at the world differently.
"Global citizenship is about working together with people from different backgrounds, having different wants and needs to solve a common local or global issue."
6. It will change you!
"I'm proud to be able to say that I'm a global citizen!"
7. And (although we don't like to brag) it's brilliant!
"I had a fantastic two weeks and it definitely counts as one of the best things I've done the entire year."
Images from last year's UCL Global Citizenship Programme: