Plug in to UCL with social media and myUCL
30 September 2015
As a new student you'll soon discover that there's a lot going on at UCL, from talks and exhibitions, to career opportunities and interesting stories about student life.
It can be hard to sort through the noise but don't' worry, help is at hand. UCL has a variety of social media channels, as well as myUCL a weekly student e-newsletter to help you plug in to UCL.
myUCL hits your inbox every Friday afternoon and features UCL-wide announcements, news, events, features, opportunities and need-to-know information from across campus.
The e-newsletter is read by more than 10,000 students - both undergraduate and postgraduate - per week. Past issues of myUCL are available to browse and download in an archive hosted on UCL's digital library collection website.
How can I submit a story?
We want you to help us put the 'my' in myUCL. If you have something you would like to be included in myUCL, please send us an email with a brief outline to email@example.com.
For inclusion in that week's edition, please send your submission by midday on Wednesday each week at the latest. For more information about the items we include, please see the myUCL Editorial Policy.
UCL has several 'official' accounts, including:
- UCL Instagram: Share your UCL experience on the hashtags we mention in myUCL each week to be in with a chance of winning a £10 Amazon voucher and showing off your photographic skills to your fellow students
- UCL Twitter: Highlights of UCL life across our diverse community
- UCL Facebook: UCL events, research and fun facts
- UCL YouTube: Student achievements and activities, groundbreaking research
- UCL on SoundCloud: Interviews, public lectures, comedy, music and more…
- UCL Events blog: Personal takes on UCL lectures, exhibitions and debates
Connect, follow and share so you can plug into UCL. Check out #newtoucl for top tips if you have joined us this year.
Rachel Heatley, Student Communications Manager, UCL Communications and Marketing