UCL News


Erasmus mobility funding for staff training 2011-2012: call for UCL staff participation

24 November 2011

Erasmus offers a great opportunity for UCL academic and administrative staff to teach or work elsewhere in one of the 32 other participating countries in Europe.

Quad in autumn

You can get to know first-hand the workings of another European educational system, learn new ideas and discover best practices to take back to UK. So don't let the students be the only ones to benefit! Develop your international network and enhance your language skills too!

This year's funding for UCL Staff Training Mobility has been confirmed and 70% of it has been paid to UCL - equivalent to approx. €25185. The total amount available is €35980 and the remaining 30% will be granted on the basis of the interim report which is returned in February 2012. The interim report can result in an increase in funds - as it did in 2009-2010 when we received an additional €6240 based on the proposed number exchanges from the UCL wide call for participation.

Since 2009 31 UCL staff have benefited from Erasmus Staff Mobility Training with placements to Sweden, Hungary, Italy, Belgium, Poland, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark and Austria and training in areas as diverse as Archive, Digital Archiving and Curation projects, Physics and Astronomy, Assessment, Life Long Learning, European Research Funding, Linguistics and Cognitive Science. The range of roles performed by UCL staff are from Administrator, to Academic Staff and Teaching Staff.

Please go to the CALT Erasmus staff training mobility web pages for more information and application details.